Context Design Group, PLLC - Greenville, South Carolina , United Sttes
The Architectural Intern will be responsible for completing the following tasks in their day-to-day job function:
- Create three-dimensional building information modeling and two-dimensional construction documentation using specialized software programs
- Perform redline changes and revisions
- Assist in the streamlining of the architectural design process from conceptual design through overall completion of projects
- Assist with the contract administration responsibilities
- Scan, copy, print and transmit original working drawings of current projects
- Organize and maintain project files
- Assist architects in construction drawings of building projects and other construction projects involving offices, manufacturing facilities, retail, education, healthcare, etc.
- Occasional opportunity to participate in the architectural design process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client or for agency approval
- Occasional opportunity to participate in the development of project specifications from master specifications
- Occasional participation in the review of product or shop drawing submittals during the construction phase
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
BA or BS Degree in a related field of architecture, marketing, sales, business, technology and/or management; or one to two years of related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability and understanding to design buildings of all types using CAD Software in both 2D and 3D environments.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to organize and put together presentations which describe the designs which are created.
- Bilingual is an advantage but not required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Basic understanding of Building Structural Systems and how sizing is calculated by structural engineer.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to develop a building design from concept to construction drawings and understand construction trades to organize design in a constructible format.
- Ability to understand and process client information into a graphic format during live programming sessions with clients and to develop project goals and objectives related to a building’s use and functionality.
Basic personal skills including phone, email, word processing, spreadsheet and graphics, internet, Power Point and other industry related CAD and design software programs.
Internal: Direct Reports, Operations, Corporate Customer Service, Inventory, Marketing and Senior Management
External: Customers, Clients, Prospects and Referral Channels
Fluency with the German Language will be considered a Plus Factor for this position.
Contact InformationDavid Lewis, AIA
4 Washington Park
Greenville, South Carolina 29601, United States