Existing Industry Manager
Greenville Area Development Corporation (GADC) - Greenville, SC , USA
Greenville Area Development Corporation (GADC) – Greenville, SC
Existing Industry Manager
Seeking a team member eager to create a positive impact on the economic growth and prosperity of Greenville County. Existing Industry Manager works directly with existing companies primarily in the areas of manufacturing, distribution and office/corporate headquarters to assist and encourage capital investment projects and new job creation. Also adds value by advocating on behalf of these companies with different ally organizations to address issues or provide assistance as needed. Reports to the Senior Vice President.
Job Duties include:
· Conducts annual visits to and interviews with representatives of existing Greenville County industries in an effort to add value in the economic development process by encouraging expansion activities, including new job creation and continued capital investment while working with these companies to address areas of critical concern to their on-going operations. Identifies and reports collective issues and other trends to management.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business and industry executives, public officials, development allies, media, community leaders and other partners in the economic development process.
· Develops and prepares tailored financial packages to facilitate the expansion of Greenville County industries; provide industries with pertinent statistical, demographic, financial and other data and analyses as appropriate.
· Locates buildings or sites for expanding industries.
· Administers any support programs; maintains and records companies’ investments and other key data.
Skills and Qualifications:
· A Bachelor degree in business, public administration, economic development, economics, finance, international relations or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Core competencies should include strong presentation skills, communications skills, sales skills, problem solving, analytics, prospecting, and persistence.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, and Customer Relationship Management software such as ACT! or Salesforce, etc.
- 5-years related work experience is preferred.
- Economic Development experience is desirable.
All applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter detailing relevant experience to email@example.com. No calls please. Position open until filled.
Contact InformationKevin Landmesser