Job Purpose: To implement and manage programs and services leading to the attraction, retention and expansion of enterprises in the County of Lexington for the purpose of creating and retaining jobs for our citizens.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, monitors, manages and evaluates economic development prospect recruitment activities and prepares reports for project activities for administration, Lexington County Council and other related advisory boards/committees
- Conducts site visits with businesses looking to locate in Lexington County or expand operations in the community
- Create and manage procedures that support industrial development with commercial/industrial brokers and regional and state economic development agencies, to include the attraction of and assistance to domestic and international businesses in Lexington County
- Performs economic development ombudsman duties with County departments as well as various economic development boards and committees
- Manages vendor compliance, to include landscaping, irrigation and timber contracts related to the maintenance of the County’s three (3) industrial parks
- Develop management plans for the 1000+ acres in the County’s three (3) industrial parks
- Write Request for Proposals (RFPs) for construction, site preparation and landscaping activities
- Evaluates Fee-In-Lieu of Tax (FILOT) agreements, both independently and in consort with the Lexington County Auditor’s Office, South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR), legal counsel, et.al. to ensure annual compliance
- Grant management to new and expanding industries receiving funding from the South Carolina Coordinating Council
- Manage the Economic Development Department’s research efforts utilizing the labor market and geographic information available, to include Lexington County’s GIS technology. This includes but is not limited to the compilation of data reports, development of customized maps and targeted workforce information.
- Assists in the development and implementation of global marketing campaigns aimed at new industry recruitment. Coordinates marketing efforts with local, regional and statewide allies as appropriate
- Manages departmental website and associated social media pages with strong understanding of relevant content to the local, national and international economic development arena.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive inventory of available industrial buildings and sites in the community for economic development purposes.
$56,756.20 - $61,296.70 / Annually DOQ